Frequently Asked Questions

Below you will find frequently asked questions and our answers to these questions. Take a few minutes and scroll through the questions and you might get an answer to your specific question. If you can’t find any answers related to your questions, feel free to e-mail your question to

What's the requirement for a Medical Class 1?

The EASA Medical Class 1 is a mandatory medical license required to obtain a Professional Pilot License (CPL or ATPL). There are several tests conducted in order to obtain a Medical Class 1 which includes sight, hearing and more.

How do I apply?

Go to the Admissions tab on top of the page and follow the steps for applying to the academy. We will get back to you with further information regarding the program you are interested in.

How do I get Student Visa?

As we have students from around the world, this process is usually one of the most important. We will assist with the Student Visa application from the first step.

Frequently Asked Questions

The training facilities are located in Stockholm Västerås and Stockholm Arlanda.
Go to the Courses tab and find the program you are looking for. Under Pre-Entry Requirements you will find all requirements applicable for that specific course.

All courses start at different times, some courses are planned and others can start anytime around the year.

Contact us for more information regarding the course you are interested in.

Scandinavian Aerospace Academy is an international flight training organization. We accept students from all over the world, currently we have over 30 different nationalities studying at Scandinavian Aerospace Academy.
Scandinavian Aerospace Academy assists our students in finding suitable accommodation in the vicinity of the airport and the training center. During your initial contact with us, let us know that you’re requesting assistance in finding accommodation.
Scandinavian Aerospace Academy does not have any pilot job guarantees with any airline. However, during your training you will meet our instructors, most of them active pilots at different airlines as well as instructors with experience that can guide you for your next job.
Under certain circumstances, you do. If you have completed in within EASA sometime during the last 7 years, then you don’t. If its older than 7 years, yes. If your have completed the ATPL course outside EASA, you are likely to have to pass it again. There are however exceptions that can be made. For e.g. if you have a CPL + MEP + IR from a country outside EASA, you will be provided a conversion course to make your previous studies fulfilled EASA standards. Read more here.
Scandinavian Aerospace Academy, at this time, does not offer scholarships for student training fees.

We operate following aircrafts during training:

  • Piper PA28 – Single engine aircraft
  • Diamond DA42 – Twin engine aircraft
  • Robin R2160D – Aerobatics aircraft
  • Boeing 737 – For Type-Rating Base Training

Training is also conducted in following type of simulators:

  • DA42
  • B737 FNTP II
  • B737 FFS

The initial medical examination is conducted by approved Aero-Medical Centres.

We normally use Aleris in Sweden and Norges Flymedisinske Senter in Norway.

We offer a wide range of high quality of teaching and extra-curricular activities.

Next Event at Scandinavian Aerospace Academy

We offer a range of training packages in a range of subject areas and can offer blended learning opportunities to best meet your needs. If sitting in a room with a trainer and having the opportunity for discussion with other learners sounds good to you then we can offer this.